Why Are You Seeing More Companies Using Social Video Marketing?
We tell your story using social video marketing to capture the attention of potential customers more effectively at an emotional level. Our video work specialty is demo and sizzle reels, trailers for events, and teasers for keynote speakers and authors looking to capture new audiences on social. If you are looking for personal branding like an attorney or a dentist, using video is essential to showcase your brand’s personality because today’s reality is that an effective video tells your story clearer, better, and faster.
“People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. A video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.”
Our Work Speaks For Itself
8 Social Video Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Business Fast.
As a hopeless film nut myself, I have used video throughout my career to market keynote speakers, conferences, seminars, services, and products. Consequently, are 8 video marketing ideas you can implement today to grow your business:
- Stay true to who you are. Whether you’re funny or dull, people will read insincere content. Tell your story. Everyone has a story worth telling.
- Get to the point fast. People are looking for solutions to their problems. Be clear and concise.
- Always include a call-to-action. Examples: sign-up, register, learn more, join my network, etc.
- Use closed captioning and subtitling. Videos are not always viewed with audio, and you don’t want to your viewers to just pass you up on a social media news feed.
- Invest in the basics. A lavalier microphone, a camera, a diva light, and tripod, can cost under $500.
- Films are 50 percent visual and 50 percent sound. License good music online from royalty free providers and pay for it. Fee music is free for a reason. Here’s an example in iTunes of an album I used recently.
- Post you videos not once but many times. Do it across all channels – YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, embed in a blog post, a newsletter.
- Happy clients are your best advocates. Record and use their success stories to inspire others to take action.
Subscribe to our Facebook Page to receive DAILY marketing ideas to grow your business.
First of all, to market your services to new audiences, you’ll have to test what is the best medium to deliver your message, and we use split testing (AB testing) to test just that. AB Testing is used in online marketing to test how small differences in your message can influence behavior. On Facebook, you can test different audiences, placements, delivery optimization, products sets, and creative and you can then choose the combination that is performing better for your desired objectives.
Here are my 9 tips to increase the effectiveness of your videos
1. Decide and plan where your video will play and what’s its purpose.
Every video you create should have a purpose, be that awareness, leads, or any other goal. You may use it for a personal introduction, product demonstrations, testimonials, inbound marketing, online ads, even employee training. For example this is a demo reel for a new client. He is a keynote speaker and author who is looking to video to expand his reach and ultimately get more bookings.
2. Post your videos on a video-hosting site such as YouTube, Vimeo, or directly into LinkedIN, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Just keep in mind the video layout sizes, formats, and duration. Instagram videos work best if no longer than 15 seconds. For example: this is a video teaser for America’s #1 Customer Service Conference.
3. Craft the words first.
Every movie, every play, every song, has one common denominator: they start with words. Write legibly a script of exactly what you’ll say – or your talent will act- and read it out loud so you can hear the cadence. Record it and play it back until you get your tone right.
4. Explore User Generated Content (UGC).
UGC ads get 4X higher click-throughs than traditional ads (Shortstack). That means you can grab your phone, a cheap tripod, record yourself and created as great, if not better, impact than with a professionally created video.
5. Create custom thumbnails.
This is the image that people see if the video doesn’t auto-play. A custom thumbnail can be designed to capture your audience’s attention more effectively.
6. Optimize your video for SEO.
What search optimization keywords do you presently use on your website and in your online marketing materials? Incorporate those same words and phrases into the video’s title, metadata and elsewhere.
7. Try Live Videos.
Facebook says its users spend 3x longer watching live video than video that’s no longer live (OptinMonster). Remember to promote the event before you broadcast and when you’re live engage with the audience. It is this personal touch that makes these videos much entertaining and personal.
Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness, and while it’s no easy task to create the types of videos that attract attention from your target audience, mastering this engaging medium will help you accomplish your marketing goals.
9. Engage influencers.
Influencer marketing is a popular strategy to raise awareness and ultimately drive sales. Here’s a video I edited for a non-profit called House of Peru and we had the privilege of working with Peruvian influencers like Dr. Vet Pancho Cavero – TV personality; Sofia Mulanovich – world surfing league champion; and Gonzalo Torres -syndicated radio personality.