Email Marketing Strategies are Still Alive and Well.
Content is king and a newsletter plus a blog are critical in communicating and nurturing with your database. At 1marketingidea we focus on the optimization and management of content delivered by email. Cut through the noise and drive results with email campaigns. Plus, increase search exposure and search engine optimization by incorporating a blog into your site, and attracting new visitors with content that emphasizes visual storytelling.
59% of B2B marketers say email is their most effective channel in terms of revenue generation.
Lead nurturing or middle of the marketing funnel activities are designed to keep your brand top-of-mind. They are sometimes called drip campaigns. The most popular and effective is the use of email. Be that in the form of a newsletter or automation.
Effectiveness: Email Marketing Campaigns
Staying in contact with people over the years can be a daunting task. 1 marketing idea to stay on their radar is an email newsletter. Relevant content is the best way to remind your network who you are, and what are you good at. And if too much time has gone by, it serves to clean up any relations that did not flourish. In my experience, it can take a year for someone to become a client, but it’s always worth it.
To clarify, the term email marketing is used for 2 different tactics email marketing or marketing automation. Email marketing is a way to build trust with prospects by sharing relevant content. Marketing Automation is a system that uses a series of targeted emails designed to lead users down a sales funnel. For example: you see an ad on your Facebook News Feed promoting a webinar from a celebrity speaker. So, you sign up for the webinar with your email address. This triggers a sequence, and the series of targeted emails begin. This video by Technology Advice explains in more detail the differences.
There are 7 reasons why an email newsletter remains the best marketing idea:
- It’s effective – Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter (McKinsey).
- ROI – Email marketing platforms cost a fraction of what marketing automation software costs. Forevery $1 spent, emailmarketinggenerates $38 inROI (CampaignMonitor).
- Benchmarks – With hundreds of millions of emails worth of data you can use industry averages to benchmark the relevance of your content.
- Keeps you Fresh – Reading, and consequently writing, forces you to keep up with the latest trends in your industry.
- Authority – It positions you and your brand as an authority on your topic.
- Focus – Writing exercises your mind. You learn to focus and organize your thoughts more clear. Most successful business professionals develop excellent writing skills to properly convey ideas and concepts.
- Sharing – Are you sharing what you learn? You will learn better and recall more when you share your findings with someone else. “If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence.” ~ Lao Tzu