How are your marketing activities performing?
First quarter is almost over. How are your marketing activities performing? Are you getting the results you expected? If the answer is NO, you’re not alone. The biggest challenge you may be facing is the use of past marketing initiatives to achieve bigger goals. Another challenge is that your content might be too fragmented. You may be trying too many things. Instead try fewer you can perfect by testing, adjusting, and relaunching with enhancements. Robert Rose founder of The Content Advisory describes it best: “if we’re not actually building a collection of connected assets, then we’re not really building anything of investment value. What we’re building is just individual ad hoc assets that we throw against the wall and hope some stick.” I’ve compiled 6 marketing trends you can still implement in 2018, starting now:
- Website Updates. Is your website due for an update? The first thing people will do before any call will be to look at your website. Does it reflect the quality of your work? Your team? 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the layout is unattractive.
- Designing for mobile first. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, and Instagram, all are platforms that require different image sizes AND video sizes. Learn to design for each platform. Take the time and produce a business worthy experience. You only get one shot. Mobile devices account for 60% of all digital minutes globally. Remember mobile is a much more intimate medium and more effective.
- Using the right Marketing Technology (MARTECH) for your audience. I’m finishing an incredible book called Expert Secrets. I recommend it to everyone. Are you using Sales funnels? Marketers are seeing ROI from most martech tools. For instance, conversion rate optimization (CRO) solutions show an average ROI of 223.7 percent.
- Writing, recording, and put your content out there. I’m surprised at how many people dislike writing. For every $1 spent, email gives back a whopping $38 in ROI. You have to produce more content, so your voice is heard, you stay relevant, and you win more attention. If you have trouble with this, record a 5 minute video of how your brand came about. Content marketing is at the top of all marketing trends because it delivers results.
- Communicate with your audience on their preferred platform. Studies show that 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn, and 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content. I find myself using LinkedIn and Facebook messages, emails, phone and video calls every day. Tailor your communications to your audience and update all your social media channels to reflect your most up to date information.
- Host an event for your clients. When was the last time you saw all your clients face to face? Would they benefit from networking with your other clients? 95% of marketers agree that live events provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to form in-person connections in an increasingly digital world. The Customer Experience you deliver in person, at an event, is the sure fast way to develop stronger relationships with customers. This results in increased referrals, higher sales, and lower attrition.
Hope you enjoyed theses marketing trends. Would love to hear your thoughts on this article. And remember #everythingismarketing