I’ve received a number of questions about creating a website custom audience on Facebook since I touched on the topic in a previous episode of our Facebook series 1 Marketing Idea under 3 Minutes.
While a custom audience can be created from an existing list of customers, you can also create one from all users who have visited your website using a Facebook Pixel tracking code.
The Hilton Anatole in Texas
I received an email from a conference I’ll be attending in Texas. The Hilton Anatole in Texas is the host hotel. So I clicked through the link to the Hilton Anatole site to learn more about the hotel’s amenities and to book my stay. NOTE: I did not book my stay successfully (see image below).
Once finished I went to my Facebook News Feed and I noticed I was immediately served an ad from the hotel on my Facebook News Feed (see image below).
Creating a Website Custom Audience on Facebook
Here’s how it works:
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager
- Then click on Tools
- Find the column titled Measure and Report and click on Pixels
- Then click on Add Data Source and a pop up will give you 3 options on how to install the code
- Depending on your skill level you can do this alone or send it to your web person
- Once the Pixel is on your site create a Facebook campaign from your Company Page.
- The type of campaign you select is called “Traffic”
- When you get to the ad creation portion, you’ll see your pixel at the bottom
- Finally, Run the campaign
Would love to hear your comments on this process or better yet ways to streamline it.