Over 70% of adults use some form of Social Media, and Facebook is the most widely used platform (Pew Research). In this article I’ll show you a Six-Point Formula you can use to find more customers using Facebook Marketing.
But how does Facebook Marketing drive results?
- Producing leads. Using Facebook marketing tools, businesses can target ads to specific groups based on similar interests and demographics.
- Uncovering NEW target markets. You can now target by job titles, employers, and even life events.
- Building custom audiences with characteristics similar to your current customers.
Your social media strategy must be consistent with your overall brand strategy. Create a social schedule and adhere to it. Like the news. Half of U.S. adults turn to Facebook for news (Pew Research). Every post needs to stand on the following 4 pillars:
- Solve a problem.
- Entertain and Engage.
- Be relevant and timely.
- Be consistent.
Remember people do not engage with posts for your sake. They share and like so they look smart and funny to their own peers. Post content that makes them look great!
**Watch Facebook Marketing Video Webinar With Real Examples
Six-Point Formula To Find More Customers On Social Media
The following is a formula I use when working with clients. I have chosen this order because it helps me understand clearly what the client’s expectations are and how to exceed them.
- Measure Twice, Cut Once. This simple proverb gives you the peace of mind that your Facebook marketing campaign will deliver results. Dedicate enough time in the beginning to formulating the right strategy and setting the right goals and objectives. 80% of marketers use metrics related to reach and engagement to evaluate success with regard to social media marketing. To impact bottom of the funnel metrics you must incorporate social media with other strategies.
- Begin with the end in mind. Think of it as a 3 step process, better yet, think of it as a marketing funnel. The top of the funnel is where Facebook helps, raising awareness. The middle is where you nurture the leads who have shown interest on your services. And at the bottom you have a landing page that converts. By working on this landing page first you’ll dive into the verbiage necessary to craft the right message for your ads. Here’s an example of 1marketingidea’s Zero Risk landing page.
- Activate Followers. Use Facebook’s native tools to wake up your fans. If you have followers in your Facebook Page, ask them for reviews/testimonials. This a simple way of using the Consensus influence principle to show visitors that others find great value in your services. This is what I call FPO: Facebook Page Optimization.
- Learn your audience. Piggy backing on #3, once you get reviews, you’ll discover not only who your biggest fans are, but also where their interests lie and what are their likes. You can then use this information to gain a different perspective about your audience, and explore tapping into other audiences with similar interests. Facebook can even show you the type of music users like. Connect the dots and use this information to think outside the box as you search for new customers.
- Create the message. This the really fun part. Write words that capture your defined audience’s attention. Then translate your words into images and video. This is where you develop your hooks. And if your creative juices are not flowing, you can always get ideas from Facebook itself on how to craft your ads.
- Measure and Improve. Finally testing, re-testing, measuring, and improving your ROI. You have to begin by stepping on the scale and finish by stepping on the scale. If your objective was to increase your reach using a video ad, then measure 2 second and 10 second views, and use 2 different messages to re-target each audience.
This process works. It is a matter of who you pick on your team to spearhead this initiative. Don’t forget to have fun, let me know if I can be of any help, and remember #everythingismarketing
About the Author
The author David Wagner is the Lead Consultant at 1marketingidea LLC. 1marketingidea is a San Diego digital marketing consulting firm that specializes in social media marketing, websites, email marketing, video marketing, and event marketing.